I love the idea of QR Codes. It's advertising genius. I'm sitting here right now typing this out and I'm looking over at my roommates desk seeing a Pepsi cup with a QR code on it. I went over and scanned it and it brought me to the Pepsi website. When I see a QR code, I feel like I have to scan it to see what it brings me to. It's an attraction to smart phone users and it's an attraction that I need to harness.
Did you scan it?! Well if you did then you were brought to the mobile version of Orange Slice Sports. I honestly think I could print these off and just put them around the Syracuse University campus and people would scan them and go to my site. It would be an interesting experiment. If that didn't work, then creating posters to advertise for my site would definitely be a cool. And including this QR code would be simple.
Since video is a sort of input, now would be a good time to mention that I want to start a serious of video blogs (or "vlogs") for my site. I was thinking about having a weekly show featuring myself and one of the athletes. It doesn't have to be fancy at first, I could just use my webcam. But I do have access to a DV video camera that I could certainly record the show on and eventually capture it onto my computer. I think it would bring in a cool audience.

You're right that QR codes are an amazing advertising tool and are definitely tempting to scan. I think that you could have some really great marketing and advertising strategies that incorporate QR codes with Orange Slice Sports. You should try making flyers and post them around campus and track what kind of activity you get on your site.
ReplyDelete