This week's lecture was all about computer hardware. It's tough to relate this directly to my blog but there is definitely a connection. In order to run a blog, one must know a computer. I've had all kinds of problems this year with my computer and those problems have, in some way or another, hurt my blog. The first example of this is the time my external hard drive (with all my photos and articles on it) busted. It was probably just a broken actuator arm, but at the time, I had no clue what an actuator arm was.
I try to stay away from the hardware aspects of things and just focus on the writing. But being the sites administrator, often times I deal with problems. Something that Professor Rubin brought up that is worth noting is about identity theft. Personally, I worry about identity theft but I should also worry about it from a business standpoint. Not only can a person steal another's identity, but they could steal a business' identity as well. Fake Twitter or Facebook accounts or a site with a similar title could ruin the reputation of my site. So, it's always worth Googling the site's name to make sure nothing like that is happening.
No comments:
Post a Comment