I never really considered Excel useful. I always just thought it was a program we were taught about in Middle School that we would never use again. That assumption had rung true until class on Wednesday. Little did I know, Excel could actually be quite useful if I figure out proper ways to use it. My site relies on statistics and having them organized in an Excel file would make life a million times easier.
The problem is that, the statistical information provided by Blogger isn't exportable, therefore I would have to copy down all the info by hand, which I feel is counterproductive. There are a few alternatives. I could use another analytical service that would allow me to export the data because something important about my site is figuring out what sorts of articles my audience wants to read. I would export the individual statistics for each article and I would do some conditional formatting so that the successful articles (over a certain amount of views) would be highlighted in green and the unsuccessful would be highlighted in red. It would provide me an efficient way to figure out what's popular.
I could also use Excel for my monetization service. The information about money-per-click and data like that ARE exportable so I could definitely put those into Excel. This would be more of an internal matter. I could put my monetization information into an pivot table and it would be an easier way to organize the numbers. I would print those numbers and distribute them to my staff, giving them an idea about how the site was doing. The advantage of the pivot table is that it would make the numbers simpler and easier to read, which is good because they aren't familiar with the logic and need the simplification.
No comments:
Post a Comment