I'm using this week as an opportunity to write about another blog since we only had one lecture because of the test. I'm going to write about the blog that is probably the most popular among Syracuse University fans. That blog is Troy Nunes is an Absolute Magician. The blog is popular for many different reasons. Firstly, because it was really the first of its kind. Sean Keeley, the creator, started the blog before blogging was the thing to do. It was back at a time when blogging was just getting big. So being the first is definitely an advantage. Another reason it's so popular in my opinion is because of its name. It's provocative, and it makes people wonder, "what is this blog all about?"
Nunes Magician, as the site is often called, seems like it does everything better than any other site. It's funnier, looks better aesthetically and covers some great content. But it has also had the most time to develop these ideas. One thing I like the most about the site is it's Daily Links posts. It covers other local blogs and other content. I like that because Keeley doesn't really compete with other blogs, he tries to help them out. It's not about being the best for him, it's just about delivering good content to his viewers.
The thing I like most about his site is the voice he has developed. It's unique. He does have other writers but he told me that he only selects writers with a voice that he finds acceptable for his blog and I think this is what REALLY differentiates him from the other SU sports blogs. That is my biggest problem. I have yet to really develop a voice. I have a few people on my staff writing and they don't really have similar voices and that is something I really need to take a look at and think about.

What other attributes can you take away from this blog that will help the continuation of Orange Slice Sports?
ReplyDeleteI can really take away more of an idea than an attribute. I need to find my voice as a writer and establish that voice on my site like TNIAAM has done.
ReplyDelete