Firstly, the three blogs I commented on were:
Andrew Pregler's - http://bit.ly/rtz5QK
Zach Meagher's - http://bit.ly/tcyJLG
Sean Zervoulias' - http://bit.ly/tk7VTG
My comments are under the name "Orange Slice Sports" because that's the name of my blog and the account I used to comment.
So, throughout this 8 week process, I've learned a few things about my project. The first thing is that social media is a lot more valuable than I thought. In today's world, people are constantly checking their Facebook and Twitter accounts. It's so easy to flip open your smart phone and check out your timeline. If I use social media to frequently infuse my content into timelines, then I'll get a lot more hits. I used both Facebook and Twitter but I think I under-utilized them.
Also, I really need to identify my target audience. I've sort of realized that my product is for student at Syracuse University. So why don't I advertise my site to those students? QR Codes have really got me thinking. I think I need to get on top of a poster design and include a QR Code for students to scan, bringing them directly to my site. It's another aspect of advertising that I have been completely under-utilizing.
What this project really did for me is reinvigorate me. Honestly, the flame for my site was kind of starting to die. But this project really re-lit the fire because it gave me all kinds of new ideas about ways I can improve and develop my product. Next time the flame starts to die out, I'll brainstorm some new ideas and implement them as soon as possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment